By Victoria Miller, MEd
IV, IVN, and Telecom — What are these things?
So what is it really?
Great, so what does this mean for me as a student?
That’s easy. As a UAMS Northwest student, you can connect with other students and faculty on the Little Rock campus or any UAMS site that has this equipment. On a weekly basis we have Interactive Video Network connections for classes, meetings, and grand rounds within the College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, College of Health Professions Radiological Imaging Sciences, and the College of Nursing.
Where can I find IVN’s?
On the Northwest Campus, there are 10 IVN areas available including one or more in each college. Please check with your Associate/Assistant Dean or the Administrative Assistant in the area for details.
- 2 classrooms in College of Pharmacy
- 2 classrooms in College of Medicine
- 1 classroom/computer lab in Rad Tech
- 2 Mobile IVN units in UAMS NW Administration
- 1 Mobile IVN unit in the Baker Conference Center
- 1 Mobile IVN unit in the Fayetteville Clinic
- 1 IVN unit in the Springdale Conference Center
What if I do not know how to use the equipment or schedule a meeting?
We have that covered for you as well. You are more then welcome to ask the area Administrative Assistant for guidance on scheduling the room or for help with turning the system on. We also have a How To Manual on almost all Mobile IVN units and in each COP and COM classroom. We have at least one superuser (a person that knows how to use the equipment like they know the back of their hand) in each area. Some of these super users at UAMS Northwest include:
- COM – Melissa Blakemore
- COP – Susan Walker and two P3 Tech Students designated by the college each year
- UAMS NW Administration – Cindy Soulsby
- Student Services – Leslie Hitt
If you have any questions about IVN or would like to discuss any of this with me feel free to email or give me a call anytime.
Victoria Miller, M.Ed.
UAMS Northwest Regional Campus
Office Location: UAMS NW Information Technology Building